Top of page
Are you pregnant and need to find a doctor?
Seeing a doctor early in pregnancy increases the chances of delivering a healthy baby and supports women’s health.
StepOne is here to connect women with affordable, timely and convenient prenatal care, and resources for a healthy pregnancy.
Learn how StepOne can help you find a reliable health care provider, support you with transportation needs, connect you with additional services you may need and make it easier for you to access prenatal care for you and your baby.
Benefits of Prenatal Care
Prenatal care is the health care you get while you are pregnant. To increase your chances of having a healthy pregnancy, healthy delivery and healthy baby, be sure to:
- Get early prenatal care. If you know you’re pregnant, or think you might be, schedule a visit to your doctor.
- Get regular prenatal care. Your doctor will schedule you for many checkups over the course of your pregnancy. Don’t miss any — they are all important.
The benefits of receiving prenatal care are many:
- Prenatal visits will identify any potential health concerns, which can be treated when caught early.
- Your doctor will provide specific information about things you should or should not eat during pregnancy.
- Prenatal visits will help you track your baby’s development and how well he or she is doing.
- You will learn about labor and delivery and understand procedures.
- Early and regular prenatal visits help you and your baby have the care needed to help you deliver a healthy, full-term baby.
- Your doctor can share information on important health issues, such as diet and nutrition, exercise, immunizations, weight gain, and more.
- You will learn about nutrition for your newborn, the benefits of breastfeeding, and injury and illness prevention, as well as monitor for health-compromising conditions.
Prenatal visits will help you prepare for the new emotional challenges of caring for your baby.